The 2019 WFLD EU Division Congress Scientific Committee invites you to submit abstracts for consideration for the Congress.
For abstracts info send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All abstracts will be
reviewed by the committee who will grade them for inclusion into either
the oral presentations or poster sessions at the Congress.
Selected papers may be published on Photomedicine and Laser Surgery (IF: 1.620).
Authors will receive all relevant information on how to publish their abstract in the acceptance letter. Please note a 20 Euro administrative fee will apply.
ONLINE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION:
Online abstract submission has been extended to Sunday 31st March, 2019.
Before submitting your abstract please carefully read the guidelines below and the instructions you will find at the submission website.
To submit your abstract go to
Abstract submission opens on November 5th, 2018
Abstract submission closes on March 3rd, 2019
Abstract submission closes on March 17th, 2019
Abstract submission closes on March 31st, 2019
Notification of Abstract acceptance: April 19th, 2019
Early Registration deadline: April 30th, 2019
Authors Registration deadline: May 12nd, 2019
Abstracts may broadly cover issues of laser technology applied to dentistry.
The International Scientific Committee welcomes abstracts addressing any of the following topics:
• Physics of the Laser
• Laser in Basic Science
• Laser and Fluorescence
• Laser and New Technologies in Dentistry
• Laser in Conservative Dentistry
• Laser in Endodontics
• Laser in Pediatric Dentistry
• Laser in Periodontics
• Laser in Implantology
• Laser in Prosthetic Dentistry
• Laser in Orthodontics
• Laser in Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology
• Laser in Oral Oncology
• Laser in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• Laser and Aesthetic Dentistry
• Laser in Perioral Aesthetics and Dermatology
• Laser in Regenerative Medicine
• Low Level Laser Therapy and Photobiomodulation
• Laser and Dental Hygiene
• Laser and Special Needs
HOW TO SUBMIT:
A. Abstract submission
Please, submit abstracts using the online template (no other means of submission will be accepted). All abstracts must be submitted by the deadline of March 3rd, 2019 at midnight Italian CET UTC+2.
At least one author per submitted paper must be registered for the Congress. Abstracts for which no author has registered for the congress within March 22nd 2019, will be automatically withdrawn from the Scientific Programme and will not be included in the Abstract Book.
The same author or co/author cannot register and present more than 1 abstract.
When registering for the conference itself, please note you will be asked to register once again: the user name and password assigned to you in the Abstract submission procedure are different from the Congress Registration procedure.
B. Conditions of Acceptance
Authors should ensure that the abstracts are written in an acceptable standard of English.
The content and literary standard of submitted abstracts are the author’s responsibility and cannot be corrected after submission.
All abstracts will initially be reviewed, graded and accepted or rejected by the Scientific Committee: they reserve the right to determine whether a submission is accepted as an oral or poster presentation, rejected, ask for a change or if it has to be set in an alternative thematic session.
Author while submitting will be asked to express the preference on oral or poster presentation, but Scientific Committee will take final decision.
Instructions for poster or oral presentations will be included in the notification of acceptance.
Notification of acceptance
You will be sent an acknowledgement via e-mail to confirm that your abstract has been received. Notifications of acceptance will be sent within April 19th, 2019 and authors must register by May 22nd, 2019, to have the abstract included in the programme and in the abstract book.
Publication of Abstracts
All abstracts accepted for oral and poster presentations will be included in the Congress Abstract Book, that will be given to all the Congress attendees on a usb flash drive.
C. Guidelines for abstract preparation
1. Abstracts can only be submitted in English.
2. Abstracts cannot exceed 2500 characters spaces and title included: text should be split into: introduction, methods, results e conclusions.
3. The title should clearly identify the content of the abstract.
4. Please indicate the presenting author where required in the template.
5. Please remember that authors’ names and affiliations must always be written in the same way.
6. All symbols in the text must be inserted through the insert symbol menu and not through the Symbol font (if you don’t use this procedure, the system won’t recognize any symbol).
7. Italic fonts in the text will not be kept.
8. No images can be submitted.
9. No bibliography.
10. Please indicate your topic preference when submitting.
11. Please choose the presentation mode in the submission form (ORAL or POSTER).
1. Please insert Authors' names in the correct order as they should appear on your abstract publication. Do not insert punctuation signs ( . ; ,_ -)
2. Please provide your complete family name ("Surname" box) in upper/lower case (example: Smith ) and write your first name/s ("Name" box) in upper/lower case (example: Hans Peter)
3. If you're author of more than one abstract, please insert you complete name and surname each time in the same way, otherwise you'll appear every times with different names. In case you wish to change the order, you have to delete author's names and enter them a second time in the new order.
4. Please note that these data will be used for any communication concerning this abstract.
The Presenting Author must provide all the required data. Your e-mail address will be the only way to inform you about the status of your abstract. Make sure your e-mail address is correct.
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed.
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided in order to be included in the evaluation by the Scientific Committee. You will be able to access the speaker portal account to make changes, edit or replace your existing Abstract until you decide to submit the document before the deadline. Thereafter you will not be able to modify it.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields on the online submission form.
- Submission of your abstract/s implies you have read, understood and comply with the Terms and Conditions as outlined on the website and the speaker portal.
- The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Congress. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to authors of accepted abstracts.